Saturday, May 24, 2008

Thing #10 - Technology Blogging

I was just reading an article that Netflex is going to sell a device to hook up to your TV that will instanly get you movies. It is only going to cost $99 plus the 8.99 a month fee. I get most of my movies from the library and I use the ondemand service through Comcast so I have access to free movies. However, the idea of having access to movies, including new releases any time I want is really appealing. Sometimes I am 300 on a list at the library and sometimes when I browse the movies available on comcast I have trouble finding one I want to watch. Sometimes Comcast doesn't work right and I have to call for it to reset and their system is slow. But then I was reading the article and it is going to be an interenet connection to get the movies which could mean freezing and other tech issues. So, maybe I am better off sticking to my current way of watching movies. I will definitly watch the progress on this and the reviews. I won't rush to invest in this. It is amazing to think back when my family got our first VCR. I was around 8 or 10 or somewhere in that range. There were no video stores nearby. My father worked an hour and a half away and would stop at Earl Videos in the Cherry Hill area. So I was at the mercy of what ever he picked out despite my requests. That didn't last too long eventually a small video
store opened nearby.

No comments: