Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thing #8-RSS

I am new to using RSS. I signed up for bloglines and have been fooling around with it. So far I think it is going to streamline all my blog and news reading. Currently I do spend a lot of time going to different blogs and reading them. Sometimes I have trouble keeping track of when I have been there last. I think bloglines is going to help me at work as well. I am on the trendspotters committee and have several blogs that I am assigned to review. So far bloglines has helped me organize the blogs and it will keep me updated on new posts so i don't have to go to each blog. I frequently check out other libraries websites to see what they have going on. I see that a lot of libraries offer blogs on their websites. I will start to look to see if they have the RSS feed option and subscribe to them. I think it will be a great way to keep in touch with what other libraries are doing and offering.

No comments: