Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thing #18: Web Apps

I really enjoy google docs. it has made collaborating at work easy! my coworker and i have used it for summer reading program planning. We could type our ideas, list of what we need, and what to do and contact info. Then we could update it and see all the changes. A great thing about google docs is I can use it at any computer and not have to locate my memory stick or remeber what file it is saved it. And by sharing it my coworker always has access too!
I think using google docs with our branches SAIL coordidnator could be great. the children's dept provides the SAIL volunteers with lots of jobs in the summer. Sometimes we email the jobs to the coordinator, other times we tell her in person or fill out a form. If we keep a google doc going for the summer we can type up the jobs with instructions, the coordinator could type back questions or results, plus I could see what jobs my coworker is giving. This would cut down on remeber what email the jobs are in, if i sent the coordinator a job or not, etc. There are so many ways we could use it to communicate and keep everything in one spot. Another great thing is we would have a list of all the jobs the teens helped us with!

No comments: