Saturday, May 24, 2008

Thing #13 - Tagging, folksonomies & social bookmarking in del.icio.us

I love using del.icio.us. I am a huge fan of it. I became a real fan of it after I got a new computer and I had to transfer all my stuff stored in favorites on my computer. Now I never use the favorites feature on my computer I just use delicious and with tagging it makes it so easy to find my links. Del.icio.us also comes in handy when I am at work or on another computer and need to access a website...I always have access ot del.icio.us so I never have to wait to use my home computer or work computer to find the site. I also love using delicous for organizing websites that are useful with assisting customers at work. A lot of times I come across sites that are great for answering refernce questions or a school assignment. With the right tags I can find them easily. Tagging is such a great way of organizing websites. I refer to a lot of websites to help me with craft projects for children's programs at work so I go to my craft tag and there are all the sites and it is easy to check all of them for what I need.

No comments: