Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thing #23: Wrapping Up

I found this challenge to be a lot of fun. It definitely was a challenge at times. Especially finding the time to do it and a free computer! That was probably the biggest challenge. My favorite thing I learned about was probably bloglines. This has really made a difference in how I organize blogs and look for new ones. It has helped with work related blogs. Especially by cutting down the time spent looking at them. I have added a bunch of more blogs to it since I started the challenge. I also really like the Web 2.0 awards by SEOmoz. This was really great to see the best of the best for topics like social networking and visual arts. This is an award I will follow! There wasn't much I didn't like in the challenge. As I mentioned in my post about podcasts I didn't find too much use for them. I think this is an area I need to explore more. I think using wikis is a great thing the library should get involved with for staff projects like committees. Wikis are great for communication. They would also be great for non committee members to look at (not edit)to see what committees are up to and what projects they are working on. It would be interesting if this was a link on oceannet to see all the committee blogs and wikis. I immediately shared Library Thing with my Mom. She is an avid reader and is always asking me if the library got in certain books or telling me about reviews she read. She loves Library Thing now because she created a very large to read list. Overall I learned a lot and was refreshed on a lot of things, like Netlibrary and Worldcat that I have used but not in a while. I also have really enjoyed the blogging process. I think I will miss this...I guess I have 3.0 to look forward too!

No comments: